Sunday, December 20, 2009

No Running, No Jumping, No Horseplay (repeat) No Running No Jumping No Horseplay (repeat) No Runn...

We repeat this ad nauseum, but in the thrill of the moment she consistantly forgets.

She is barely walking today, as last night she had a tremendous time playing at our friends' house. She and Griffin, along with friends Dylan and Nicky, were spies and bear hunters- a small band of banshees playing nonstop. I wonder, should we have her in a brace or split to force her to mellow?
She woke up this morning at about 5:30am whimpering. We only have childrens' ibuprofin at home, of which she will only drink a tiny sip. This is one of our big challenges that we'll be facing- getting the girl to take her medicine.

It seems strange to me that we are going to put Millie through all these treatments to "fix her leg"- none of which will directly make her leg pain go away, nor will they do anything to heal her bone. The osteopath said the bone would heal itself after the tumor is removed- but how can cells regenerate when her body's entire process of cell regeneration is beng chemically annihilated?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that poor Millie was suffering today - next play date will involve movies and popcorn and other "calm" fun, I promise! I guess I was so happy to see them having so much fun, I didn't want to enforce my "no running in the house" rule! It was so nice to have them here. We're here, waiting, for the next playdate, whenever Millie and Griffy are ready.
    much love and hope. s.

    ReplyDelete