Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lucky Number Seven

We're back on the 10th floor in a shared room as Millie goes through cycle 7. The chemo started very late last night, after midnight, which made for a long night of lots of beeping machines. If I was not hopping up to call the nurse for the beeping, then Millie was hurling beanie babies at me when she had to use the commode.

Millie is receiving Vidicristine, Cyclophosphamide, and the 48-hour drip of Doxorubicin. Doxorubicin is dark red, hanging in a covered bag on the IV pole, and exudes a toxic chemo smell through her pores and her urine. Eww!

She is ever the trooper- asking me every five minutes "How many more minutes until the sushi place opens for lunch?". It is raining and I have no umbrella- but you will find me trudging the half-mile to the sushi restaurant soon.

Millie is feeling well, has not gotten sick so far from the chemo, and has already filled many sheets of paper with paintings and drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment