Monday, February 22, 2010

Testing...Testing..Is this thing on?

I called to Brian through the window as he tended his vegetable garden, "Marta (our nurse case worker) called with Millie's counts. Her ANC is 8500".

Brian echoed my thoughts with his response.
"So that was it? She never dipped lower?"

She really sailed through round four. She only threw up once, and only took anti-nausea medicine for one day. She had good energy, ate well all week, and her counts never dipped to severe neutropenia levels.

Brian and I had to wonder - "If this is not wiping her out, how can we be sure it is wiping out the cancer?"

I mean, the girl has a healthy head of peach-fuzz baby hair!

I suppose we should just be grateful for her resiliency and leave it at that. But our jobs are to worry.

We have another MRI and CT Scan coming up in a few weeks, so I suppose we will be answered then.

We'll be in the hospital this week until Thursday evening for Round 5. I hope Millie takes this one in stride as well!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for the update. So glad to hear she did so well this round. Heres for the next round to go as well too. Sounds like her body is adjust and getting used to the chemo and all the comes with it. Sending all my positive healing thoughts Millie's way for this next hospital stay.

    Love -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow she looks like she's put on a little weight back on too...go, Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well that certainly is certainly good news. So happy. Hope this week goes well too. Ed.B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! It's the best you can hope for and you got it. So take it. Coming from someone who saw their mom NEVER loose a hair on her head thru a year of chemo, and only felt the occasional naseau, these things CAN and DO happen. AND she's been cancer free for over 15 years. GO MILLIE! See you for a run on Friday to celebrate! xo -sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT news!! Keep it up Millie!! She really looks wonderful too. She hasn't lost her Audrey Hepburn grace and beauty...gotta love the tiara! XOXO Lisa R. and family. PS If you're training/running on weekends, I might be able to join...gotta get ready for the Fun Run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just located your blog from a friend on facebook. Reading it takes me back to 3-1/2 years ago when my son was diagnosed with Ewing's. I know what you are going through. He is 2-1/2 years now done with treatment so we are 1/2 way there and he is doing well. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! Millie is beautiful and looks really good. Patty

    ReplyDelete